Say hello to one of your favorite lamb dishes, easy to handle and prepare. Get all the ingredients to your plate.
- Tomato ketchup
- Chopped parsley
- Best Electric Smoker
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- A rack of lamb
- Essentially you need to pick up the right rack of lamb. So a right lamb would have 8 bones and will weight around 11/2 to 2 pounds.A rack of lamb makes a perfect dinner, full of flavors and texture.
- Before beginning to cook, just make sure that the thin layer is removed to cut the shine bone and also that the loose pieces of fats are removed.
- Wash, clean and dry the lamb. Now mix the lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt, garlic and parsley in a bowl. Set aside half of the marinade for basting and use the other marinade.
- Now place the rack of lamb in a roasting pan with marinade on the lamb and let it get infused with flavors.
- If you are short on time, you can cook it right away or if you have ample Tom, it’s advised to put it in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours so the marinade is in properly and it’s full of flavors.
( Remember to take out the lamb an hour before barbequing and roasting. It should be warm to room temperature before cooking. )
- Now heat the grill to about 350 degrees F.
- Place the lamb with fat side down on the grill for about a minute and then toss it on the fleshy side for a minute.
- Now again turn aside to the fat side and let it grill for 7-8 minutes on medium-rare heat and baste the rack of lamb with the marinade, initially left aside.
- Flip it over for the other side to cook.
- Carefully check whether it had reached the required temperature so it doesn’t get overcooked.
- After removing the rack of lamb from the griller, transfer it to a chopping board and allow it rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- And after cooking it down, slowly and carefully carve the lamb with a sharp knife into chops and can add some caramelized onions or any sort of sauce which would taste according to your preference.
The same can be cooked in an oven too which is also good results.Also, you can add roasted potatoes or ingredients like that to make it more of a filling dinner dish. Even salads and sour cream would do marvels. Warmed cooked beans can also be added. Because one bad thing about lamb is that it gets cooked from the outer layer but remains undercooked and dry from inside.
It might seem to be a little too much to work but it’s not what it seems Grilling is never hard and the results are worth the effort.
Accompanied with red wine would make your weekend go perfectly.