A perfect combination of South America and Asian cultures in one dish full of vibrant flavors with juicy and a tender chicken making up your plate.
An international adventure is here by your side. Get ready to compliment your taste buds with some great flavors. All you need is some soya sauce, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, seasonings like paprika, oregano, vegetable oil and most importantly a whole chicken. A preferred variety of chicken is fryers.
For the first step
- you need to marinate the chicken, and for preparing the blend, add soya sauce, garlic, lime juice, paprika, cumin, oregano and a pinch of black pepper with oil in a blender.
- Marinate the chicken and let it stay in the refrigerator for some time.
- At least let the chicken be coated for at least 8-10 hours so the chicken gets all the flavors well.
- More the time of keeping the chicken with the marinate, better it tastes.
- After few hours, take the chicken out and prepare the grill for the process of grilling. If using a charcoal grill, let the coals be medium hot and light a large chimney. If you are using a gas grill, preheat the burner on high flame and then turn it on high to medium heat.
- Discard the extra marinade from the chicken and pat it dry for few minutes with paper towels.
- Oil and grease the rack well and then grill the chicken for about half an hour, considering it’s grilled to perfection, without letting it burn its skin.
- Keeping changing sides so it cooks well from both the side. It shall be tender, juicy and crisped skin.
Interestingly, if you don’t own a griller or can’t grill in an open area or outdoors, you can always use an oven and roast the chicken in it. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and let it rest for about 5-10 minutes. Carve with a knife and then serve.
To add a chicken, you can also prepare a green sauce adding to its texture. To make the sauce add jalapeños, garlic, cilantro, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and lime juice in a blender. Continue to blend it till it becomes smooth. Slowly while blending the ingredients add a bit of oil into it too. Season it with salt and pepper. It will seem a bit liquid when prepared but let it rest for a while. Refrigerate it until use so it’s creamy and spicy. Garnish it with fresh cilantro.
This Peruvian regional dish incorporates both Japanese and Chinese flavours leaving the person wanting for more. The marinade with such ingredients gives it a beautiful and mouth watering sear. A fusion of such different flavours together makes a delicious dish. Want to make something different and tasty for dinner? Are your friends coming up for a party? Or just a small casual family gathering? Well, this recipe serves it all. Just collect all that you need and start working on a protein rich dish.